Voicemeeter and DP9.12

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
laithar
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Voicemeeter and DP9.12

Post by laithar »

Can anyone confirm if Voicemeeter works with DP9 as an ASIO driver and if so, can anyone suggest why DP9 might be driving Voicemeeter to +273 dB hence a very loud white noise/static sound. Voicemeeter works fine as an output for Kontakt or Cubase 9 so I know the set-up is okay. DP9 works with my audio interface ASIO driver but I'd like to use Voicemeeter so that I can record videos.
Thanks
terrybritton

Re: Voicemeeter and DP9.12

Post by terrybritton »

See reply to your PM! :-)

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
roughwatersound

Post by roughwatersound »

laithar wrote:Can anyone confirm if Voicemeeter works with DP9 as an ASIO driver and if so, can anyone suggest why DP9 might be driving Voicemeeter to +273 dB hence a very loud white noise/static sound. Voicemeeter works fine as an output for Kontakt or Cubase 9 so I know the set-up is okay. DP9 works with my audio interface ASIO driver but I'd like to use Voicemeeter so that I can record videos.
Thanks
I'm having this exact problem and haven't been able to find a solution. Were you able to fix it?
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

roughwatersound wrote:
laithar wrote:Can anyone confirm if Voicemeeter works with DP9 as an ASIO driver and if so, can anyone suggest why DP9 might be driving Voicemeeter to +273 dB hence a very loud white noise/static sound. Voicemeeter works fine as an output for Kontakt or Cubase 9 so I know the set-up is okay. DP9 works with my audio interface ASIO driver but I'd like to use Voicemeeter so that I can record videos.
Thanks
I'm having this exact problem and haven't been able to find a solution. Were you able to fix it?
Back in 2017 we tried but were unsuccessful. However, I did find a workaround using Voicemeeter Banana. The key in making that work is you need to set Voicemeeter's A1 monitor (upper right drop-down) to your ASIO hardware interface. The ASIO devices are usually listed near the bottom of the drop-down list. Once you do that, you have access to all of the output ports on that ASIO hardware. I then route DP out to Voicemeeter via a SEND bus from my Pre-Master track to an unused output on my ASIO hardware audio interface (I have an 828 mk3 hybrid, so I send it to an ADAT output) and then use Voicemeeter's channel strip assignments in the System Options section to send that channel to the strip. I then send that strip out to my software (OBS, Skype or Zoom, in my case). That avoids the sync problems that arise in trying to use Voicemeeter as the ASIO output device itself.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

Here is a video showing what settings I am describing in Voicemeeter. I am using a "loopback" cable to connect an unused output/input pair back to the input so that I can utilize a hardware output as an input to Voicemeeter (I currently use an ADAT output/input, but used to use the S/PDIF ones). For ADAT in an 828 mk3 hybrid, for instance, I connect an optical TOSLINK cable from the output back into the input. For S/PDIF, I would connect an RCA COAX cable from the output to the input. This makes the output I send to in my DAW available as an INPUT to Voicemeeter.

Terry

MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid