Click Count Off Not Working Properly

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
waltincal
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Click Count Off Not Working Properly

Post by waltincal »

My Countoff is not working right. I made an audio to demonstrate. There's a one measure countoff, a two measure and a three measure.
I've tried various settings. This clip is at the default setting, pressing "revert" in both "click" and "countoff". Probably just something simple I'm missing, but it's driving me nuts.
Win 10, DP 9.1.
https://app.box.com/s/6w9lqrvn3ckmh4tvgmfvxp6oll0i7teg
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Click Count Off Not Working Properly

Post by stubbsonic »

That would drive me crazy!!

I'll just mention a couple of possibilities. First, I'm on a Mac, but perhaps that won't matter.

Are you synched to anything external? Sometimes that can cause the click to "resync" and do that kind of thing.

Another thing to look at is if you somehow set a click pattern instead of a standard click.

And finally, if the file has a little glitch in it, you can save everything, then create a new project and use the File/Load... function to import your sequence chunk into a fresh project and see if that fixes it. I know that can be a pain because you might need to do a few extra steps to get it all back, but at least you can test to see if that solves it. If it doesn't, I'm not sure about troubleshooting steps with Windows. You can reach out to MOTU for some support.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
waltincal

Post by waltincal »

Thanks Jon, nothing works. I'm not synching to any external, I'm using standard click (although using pattern results in the same bug), and I tried the reload. Even a new project with a single track doesn't work.
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

What happens if you set the click to "Always click"?

And, do you need the count off to precede bar 1?

Probably from the old days...I always start my sequences on bar 2 and leave bar 1 empty except for patch changes, automation, etc. So, I have only used the count off function very rarely.

If you turn off the count off button, does the click still jump? (With "always click" engaged.)

Hope that helps a little.

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

waltincal

Post by waltincal »

Well, this is embarrassing. The one thing I did not do yesterday was "reboot"!
Today everything is working hunky dory.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Pheew! Glad that sorted it!!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
frankf

Post by frankf »

I've done similarly for years but I insert a bar 0 ahead of bar 1 to keep the integrity of bar numbers. And with punch in I locate the Transport to 1 or 2 bars before punch in, sometimes setting Memory Star there, and either use Overdub mode or Auto record. Several options with DP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB