Extracting multi-channel from a video in DP?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
PoliticalBonobo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Extracting multi-channel from a video in DP?

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

I'm not sure where to go with this, but I received a .mov video for a show I'm composing for. The editor told me the dialogue/fx are on A1, and the temp music is on A2. Is this something like a quad-channel audio track? Sure enough, viewing the .mov file on the computer plays only dialogue/fx, while importing the audio in DP plays the stereo temp music only. I'd like to avoid sounding like a complete newbie and asking the editor to split out the audio files for me.

Is there a way to import both sets of channels in DP?
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
frankf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Extracting multi-channel from a video in DP?

Post by frankf »

Is there an app that will combine the 2 sets of stereo audio into 1? I have delivery specs which specify splits which get sent to editors at the beginning of a job. I'd say it makes you look professional!
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

If you have Quicktime 7, you can probably delete one track or the other (or disable them) then EXPORT AS WAVE file and save the remaining track. Then reverse the process and mute or delete the other track and export that.

Failing that, just ask for separate tracks. It's ok to ask the editor to do his elfin' job and send you individual tracks. If he refuses, then just refuse to send him elfin' stems and see how he/she likes it...

Just sayin.... grrrrrr........ :mumble:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
PoliticalBonobo

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:If you have Quicktime 7, you can probably delete one track or the other (or disable them) then EXPORT AS WAVE file and save the remaining track. Then reverse the process and mute or delete the other track and export that.

Failing that, just ask for separate tracks. It's ok to ask the editor to do his elfin' job and send you individual tracks. If he refuses, then just refuse to send him elfin' stems and see how he/she likes it...

Just sayin.... grrrrrr........ :mumble:
Haha, I'll try that. Thanks!
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
PoliticalBonobo

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:If you have Quicktime 7, you can probably delete one track or the other (or disable them) then EXPORT AS WAVE file and save the remaining track. Then reverse the process and mute or delete the other track and export that.
Yes! This did the trick! Thanks for the suggestion.