PSP Master Q2 "Has serious problems and will not be loaded"

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

PSP Master Q2 "Has serious problems and will not be loaded"

Post by terrybritton »

Just bought PSP Master Q2 during the sale.

Curiously, PSP Master Q2 scans in DP 9.12 for Windows as "has serious problems and will not be loaded". :cry:

It works fine in all my other DAWs, so I do not know what is happening there. Any suggestions?

Windows DAWs it works fine in (all most recent versions):

Samplitude Pro X3 (my main mixing and editing DAW)
Harrison Mixbus - original and 32C versions (playing around with those)
Cakewalk Sonar Platinum - mostly for Melodyne and audio-to-MIDI. That may enjoy more use someday.

DP is primarily my composing DAW - I love its templates and chunks approach. Still new to it, though.

I have re-examined the PSP Master Q2 plugin but it continually fails. PSP PianoVerb loaded fine.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: PSP Master Q2 "Has serious problems and will not be load

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

This also was problematic on my machine (and Mike H's machine) and totally messed up my internet access. There's a thread or two about this on this site. I had to delete a couple of system files and even then, the VST version was DOA. Seems to be ok now but has me angry it was released. Maybe that's why it was on sale?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:This also was problematic on my machine (and Mike H's machine) and totally messed up my internet access. There's a thread or two about this on this site. I had to delete a couple of system files and even then, the VST version was DOA. Seems to be ok now but has me angry it was released. Maybe that's why it was on sale?
I also experienced the strangest total network failure on one machine on my network. And this is on a Windows box! Windows actually re-built the network service (deleted the old one and installed a new one), having automatically recognized it had been toasted. What the heck are they doing to the network? Do they have some ping-back system as a method of copy protection? I hope this was only a coincidence - but it has never happened to me before.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

I posted a detailed report about the Mac problems so someone will need to do the same on the Windows side.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

mikehalloran wrote:I posted a detailed report about the Mac problems so someone will need to do the same on the Windows side.
It is all guesswork at the moment, and I do not have any files I can find to delete like you did suggest on the Mac side of things. I'll let PSP know as soon as I have something more concrete.

Meanwhile, only DP fails to accept this plugin as valid one. What causes failure in DP's (digital) mind?

Terry
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid