Sudden high latency?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
PoliticalBonobo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Sudden high latency?

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

New problem here; wondering if anyone has seen this.
I'll be in the middle of a project, running at 48kHz/24bit, 128 sample size just fine. At some point along the way, I suddenly get massive latency. The strange thing is that I never changed the sample size from 128. I'll notice it when playing/recording MIDI or guitar...it's unplayable. Changing the sample size does nothing.

Any ideas? This is a huge work stoppage for me.

Edit: So far, I've restarted the computer, stopped/started the MOTU audio system to no avail. When it happens, it seems to be stuck in the project, i.e. creating a new project doesn't have the latency issue. This is the second project where this has happened. I recorded guitar just fine. Did some editing, went back to record, huge latency. I didn't load plugins in between or anything...as far as I can think of, I literally did nothing between recordings.
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
PoliticalBonobo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Sudden high latency?

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

Within the minute of posting, I found the culprit: Waves SoundShifter. I didn't realize the latency was track specific. I've had SounShifter loaded for most of the project with no issues. It appears to be very buggy within DP :(
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6