trouble connecting MIDI controller

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
KonaNigz
Primary DAW OS: Windows

trouble connecting MIDI controller

Post by KonaNigz »

Hey there,
Im a total noob when it comes to DAWs, but im no stranger to computers or following instructions. Im using windows 10, 64bit and have a Samson Conspiracy and Samson M25 and have just aquired DP9 at the suggestion of several people at Tom Lee Music.

So the problem is not that the MIDI controller isnt connecting, I have gone through the steps several times and the program has no problem finding the controllers. In the MIDI controller window when I press any of the assigned buttons the corrisponding slots light up. The software for the controllers is also up to date and is working properly.

Now the problem that I am having is being able to assign a setup to the controller, or having it respond in a way that the signal being recieved does something. I know MIDI controllers dont make noise themselves, and I know that im probably missing something quite obvious but after following instructions, watching videos and trying to read as much troubleshooting as I have found, nothing has worked as of yet. I should note that my roommate can plug these into his Mac and hes good to go, works fine.

I believe I either set something up wrong( though I really am clueless as to what it may be at this time) or my hardware truly isnt compatible with DP9.

Has anyone run into this problem, and\or is using Samson hardware somehow the problem??
rickorick
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: trouble connecting MIDI controller

Post by rickorick »

In DP you have to put the track in record, for it to pass MIDI on to the destination.
Did you try that?
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24