Fuzzy text on Windows 10

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
PoliticalBonobo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Fuzzy text on Windows 10

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

I just got DP 9.02 up and running on a new build, with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I noticed the text looks blurrier now as compared to my older system running Win7. Text everywhere else on the computer looks fine.

Anybody else notice this?
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
soulicious

Re: Fuzzy text on Windows 10

Post by soulicious »

I am also experiencing this same issue with my new upgrade to DP 9 on Windows 10 (I came from DP8 on Win 7 where everything was fine). It definitely makes it hard to do extended recording sessions and is starting to give me head aches... This could really kill my productivity and work flow.

Did you ever find a solution?

Here's an example of the Bundle Window in DP next to a pdf of the DP manual (for some reason it is showing a bit "blown up", but you can still see the radical difference):
soulicious

Re: Fuzzy text on Windows 10

Post by soulicious »

It turns out that since I am using a high resolution screen, I had the overall screen zoom set to 125%. This was causing DP's text to look "stretched" and fuzzy. Setting it back to 100% in Windows makes the text clear, but extremely small. None of my other native Win programs were negatively affected, but at least we have a way to clear up the fuzzy text.

Looking on the bright side...with it set back to 100%, it makes everything in DP look small, but really makes the visible track count very high!