stuck at the first hurdle!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ushi
Primary DAW OS: Windows

stuck at the first hurdle!

Post by ushi »

Hello,

New to the forums. :)

Although new to DP9, I am not new to most DAWS.

Unfortunately, I can't quite figure out what I am doing wrong with the initial audio set up.
ATM, I am using the multichannel capabilities of my graphics card using hdmi.
I am not talking bit streaming surround sound - just eight channels uncompressed PCM.
On other DAWS, when I select Audio output device it either gives me the direct option to select the AMD graphics hdmi driver, and its eight outputs, or it refers me to the windows control panel where I can configure the AMD HDMI output as 8 channels ( actually it is referred to in windows as 7.1 surround ( confusing eh!) This provides eight discrete outs. I can then move and process these outputs before they go off to a surround receiver. Again, just to confirm, the receiver is set to receive 8 channels PCM, NOT bitstream surround.
IN DP9, I see windows audio device as my output, but when I try to see any of the eight outputs, I get only stereo output as available. I have no other outputs available ( i.e 1 - 8 )
Am I going mad :(

Any help for a newbie would be appreciated.

keith
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: stuck at the first hurdle!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Not sure about Windows but you might have to create a 7.1 bundle. On a Mac I'd direct you to Audio/MIDI setup (an Apple program). Check your BUNDLES window under the SETUP menu, I think.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
ushi
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by ushi »

Thanks for that.

Tried to activate more than two channels in the bundles page, but - although it seems to accept they are there, no outputs appear unless it is only stereo( two channels).
l
Any more ideas??

thanks

keith
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stubbsonic »

Did you try adding bundles when you were in that window? Look for the ADD button on the bottom. You might have to set up some bundle rows then assign them to physical outs as required. You can also choose whether the bundle is stereo, mono or one of the various surround things.

Also, in the track assigns menu I think you can create new audio bundles from there.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com