DP 9.01 doesn't save anymore .. help

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
AndyU
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP 9.01 doesn't save anymore .. help

Post by AndyU »

Hi.
I work on DP since version 2.7 mainly on Mac... I changed recently to W8 ( for some particular reasons ) and I have now DP9.01 ( 64bits) with W8. From the basic install ( box with version 9 ) everything was going fine. When I updated to 9.01.1805 DP could not locate anymore the soundbites in the session neither did it want to save any changes. On opening it always first asks me to locate the missing audio files...
I have quiet a number of projects going on with DP,and my only issue till now is to load the dp file with DP8 and that works fine, meaning it's not HD issue
Is there a way to manually uninstall DP9.01 ( delecting a selection of files, and if yes , HOW ? ) or how does one repair permissions for program with W8 ?
Thxs for support

------------------------------------
System information OS Windows 8 64-bit/ 8.1
CPU Intel Core i7-4930K CPU @3.4 GHz
RAM 64 (Go)
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.01 doesn't save anymore .. help

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Does one repair permissions on a Windows machine? I don't think so, but I don't do windows.

Did DP8 work on Windows? Again, I don't think so, but I've been wrong once before.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
I have quiet a number of projects going on with DP...
Changing from Mac to Windows with even one major project going on would scare the bejesus out of me. I'm not sure how to respond to that, but have you called MOTU about this or opened a ticket?

I would suspect a directory problem or a format (header, etc) kind of issue. If the files were created on a Mac and now you're trying to read them on a PC, that is a very likely scenario.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum. I'm surprised you're just joining us given your looooong history with DP. Even more surprised you haven't asked MOTU about it yet. And again, maybe this isn't surprising. I just don't know enough about you (at least I don't think I do).

You never know who is behind these posts...

Happy trails! Don't forget to feed the unicorn. :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
toni_bena

Post by toni_bena »

Hello, do not delete any DP9 folder in Windows as some/most of them are shared with DP8 (as long as I understood from your post, you have both DP8 & 9 on the same Win machine). I would just uninstall DP9 and reinstall again. Good luck with it.
Windows 10 Pro x64 / ASUS P5Q PRO / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 8 Gb Ram DDR2 800Mhz / NVIDIA GeForce GT520 / 2 x WD 500 Mb / CD-DVD RW PLEXTOR / RME FF400
AndyU
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by AndyU »

Hi Toni & MidiLifeCrisis,
thank you both for you reply. I actually cannot reinstall DP9 because i have to uninstall it first. When I try to do so ( in windows Programs and functionalities ), the unstaller asks me for an application called "setup-DP-67341-9.01 Full.exe" which is located in the ProgramData/package cache/ folder. From there it gives me an error Ox80004005 ? I repeat the DP8 version works fine under W8.1 and saves normally. That's the reason why i beleive it's not a windows OS issue.
I also tried to install directely DP9.0 from the original MOTU DP9 box , but it kept telling me there is an existing version already installed ( setup successfull )

I have asked MOTU ( Teclink ) about my problem but didn't get any answer.?

I switched to PC with DP8 and was at that time very carefull not to mix up projects and sessions between the 2 OS. When necessary I also used OMF for transfers but always copied the audio data in the same folder as the project folder. Most of other issues were solved by reading and searching material on line and in the TFM .. which is by the way a very usefull one.

Obviously DP saves preferences data in various places on OsX
http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technotes/uninstalldp
and was wondering if any similar info for W8 had been posted. Or maybe is there another way ?
Thank you again for your attention
toni_bena

Post by toni_bena »

AndyU, I'm interested to know that helful installation paths for Win also. Installation on Win spreads folders across several location, but also in registry (important). Would be good to know what Motu tells you about Win locations. Cheers.
Windows 10 Pro x64 / ASUS P5Q PRO / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 8 Gb Ram DDR2 800Mhz / NVIDIA GeForce GT520 / 2 x WD 500 Mb / CD-DVD RW PLEXTOR / RME FF400