Bug: out of sync. HUI display after project load

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
etl17
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Bug: out of sync. HUI display after project load

Post by etl17 »

Hi there!

I finally found the time to put together a short video that demonstrates the issue that I have using my Mackie HUI to automate VST plugin parameters. I have uploaded the video here: http://escapesong.com/motu/video.mp4

The video shows the following steps:
1. Create a new blank project in DP 9.01
2. Insert a VSTi (in this case Synthogy Ivory 2)
3. Use the HUI controls to navigate to the "inserts" of the instrument track and select to view the parameters of Ivory.
4. Note that the HUI correctly reflects the value of the "Release samples"
5. Save and close the project
6. Open the project again
7. Notice how the HUI now doesn't reflect the parameter values that were loaded to the plugin and were saved with the project
8. Notice that once the parameter value is modified in the UI, the correct value is now reflected on the HUI screen as well. So, the problem is really occurring only after loading a project. Although all the (VST) plugins are properly initialized and restored to the settings as last saved with the project, the HUI screen somehow doesn't reflect those settings....

Hopefully, this is helpful in demonstrating the issue.

I am curious if similar issues exist across different control surfaces and/or Operating systems (win vs. mac).
DP 9, Win 7 64bit, 24GB RAM, RME HDSPe / Digiface, UAD 2, Powercore x8, HUI, 1 million plugins!