Tempo change and soundbites

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
PoliticalBonobo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Tempo change and soundbites

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

Whenever I insert a tempo change in the conductor track, my soundbites become warped because they get adjusted with the tempo. Does anyone know how to leave soundbites untouched when changing tempo?
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
raikageninja

Re: Tempo change and soundbites

Post by raikageninja »

Sorry this response is late, hopefully you solved the problem already. In case you still need help, find the "Lock" column in your tracks window. Clicking on this will lock the track to real time (or frame time, depending on your working environment) instead of measures, you should then be able to change tempo freely without affecting that track.
Windows 10 PC Build
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
DP9.01
PoliticalBonobo

Re: Tempo change and soundbites

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

Ah! Thanks! I'll try that. I've been deleting the tempo from under the Audio->Soundbite Tempo menu.
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6