CC7 controller not working

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Tarrare
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

CC7 controller not working

Post by Tarrare »

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with the CC7 volume controller in DP8. Some time ago, I set an input filter on CC7 because my keyboard was broken and gave a false output. This meant that drawing curves for the MIDI controller CC7 had no effect on any virtual instruments.

I have since replaced this faulty keyboard with one that works, and I now wish to reactivate CC7. I have removed the input filter and restarted DP8 but CC7 still does not affect any virtual instrument (tried on Cinebrass and Berlin Strings).

How can I get it working again?

Thank you.
Kurt Cowling
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: CC7 controller not working

Post by Kurt Cowling »

MIDI tracks must have automation play enabled for cc7 or cc11 to play back.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.