DP 9 Demo/Surface Pro 3

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
FunkyBearMusic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 9 Demo/Surface Pro 3

Post by FunkyBearMusic »

I'm a former DP user from the mac world and I'm trying out the DP 9 demo on a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. (8 gigs of ram, 256 internal drive, i5)

Right now I'm getting HUGE (like half a second) latency from playing the USB keyboard to the sounding of the note in the synth plug ins. (Used MX4 and Model 12 I think - drum sounds)

Processor is set to 80% right now, the default from the install. Automatic Plug in latency is turned on.

Any suggestions or is this where things are right now with Windows 10 and DP?

Thanks
Jeff Tanner
Funky Bear Music
http://www.funkybearmusic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kdm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP 9 Demo/Surface Pro 3

Post by kdm »

If you are running Windows audio driver, the default is 2048 samples on the Surface Pro 3 (it is here at least). That's way too much latency for playing VIs. I couldn't get DP to work with ASIO4All, but that's still running off of the internal audio hardware. You might have better success with a USB audio interface (probably have to use a hub for the keyboard and interface).
FunkyBearMusic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by FunkyBearMusic »

Is there no way to change the 2048 buffer? I haven't been able to find any place to do it. The button in the Consolidated Controls doesn't do anything and I don't see it in the location it was on the Mac. I searched the online help but couldn't find an answer.
Jeff Tanner
Funky Bear Music
http://www.funkybearmusic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kdm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kdm »

I haven't found a way, even in device properties. I believe it is using the WASAPI driver, and there may not be a buffer setting.

ASIO4All will work, but not through the built-in speakers - any other driver requires a separate USB interface.