DP 9.01 - Better hold off

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
xmission
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP 9.01 - Better hold off

Post by xmission »

Lots of stuff not working correctly for me. Scroll bar/bar/beat display, jerkiness.

I'm now trying to uninstall everything, so I can reinstall 9.0

I'd wait.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.01 - Better hold off

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Did you repair permissions after the install?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
billf

Post by billf »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Did you repair permissions after the install?
The OP is on Windows I believe.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
MIDI Life Crisis

The liabilities of tapatalk. Lol
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kdm

Post by kdm »

Is this a Win7, 8 or 10 install?

DP9.01 is running well on Win8.1 here. I've come across a few anomalies (solo mode stops working for multiple selected MIDI tracks in the MIDI editor); and crashes (DP quits to the desktop - no message, just gone) when using Window layouts, but both are easily avoided, or resolved.
xmission

Post by xmission »

I'm back to 9.0

I'm going to wait until the next update. 9.0 isn't too bad.
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

9.01 is running ok on Win 8.1 here, but I'm still having issues with blurry fonts in some places. Much better than 8 however.

I don't use DP in windows too much though, so there's a good chance I may be missing some non-obvious issues that'd pop up if I used it as often as I do in OS X.
xmission

Post by xmission »

Well, now it did the same thing in 9.0.

I installed 9.01 again, and if I wait long enough before hitting play, it seems to scroll for the most part.

I suspect that DP is processing something or other, and doesn't think it has enough ooomph to do everything. This is a fast computer with lots of ram. It's only taxing the processor about 15%, and there are more than 8g of ram left.

It'll be interesting to see if this recurs on songs, or if it will do it until it sort of gets caught up on processing per song, and then is ok.
xmission

Post by xmission »

It gets weirder.

All my songs pretty much don't scroll, or display the time... Unless I go to the mixer window, and click and hold any fader. Then everything works until I let go. Weird.
MIDI Life Crisis

Are you using an external audio device or is the clock coming from the PC? I'm wondering if it's a clocking issue that just happened to coincide with the DP install.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kdm

Post by kdm »

I have had DP 9.01 stop scrolling in any window. The project still played fine, just no GUI update. I had to restart DP. It does sound like there is something much more problematic going on with your install though.

My first guess, based on when I saw this, is that it is a conflict with something in Windows. What version of Windows are you running? Win 8 has some window focus/priority problems - not usually an issue here with DP, but I've seen some problems here and there.
etl17

Post by etl17 »

I have no problems with 9.01 here. Actually, I can say that the UI update is a little better than 8.07 in general. One source of problems could be your graphics card. I used to have some glitches in the past and ever since I updated my system with an nVidia card no more UI issues!
DP 9, Win 7 64bit, 24GB RAM, RME HDSPe / Digiface, UAD 2, Powercore x8, HUI, 1 million plugins!
kelldammit

Post by kelldammit »

Are you using the custom amp sim or liveroom plugins? This is a known issue with those (at least since v8.06?). If not, i'd suggest removing other plugs to see if it goes away, but thus far, only the amp sims/liveroom seem to cause this for me (i'd posted a thread about this a while back). It's reported/confirmed via techlink.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.
xmission

Post by xmission »

I am using some native instrument amp sims. I wish I could go back a couple of days and try removing them.

For the most part, the problem has slowly faded away. It seems like DP has been background processing everything it could could find, and finally caught up.

Still a little weirdness, but mostly normal again.