DP8 - losing link to movie files

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kdm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP8 - losing link to movie files

Post by kdm »

Whenever I open a DP8 project that was saved with a movie file linked, DP says it is "unable to locate movie file" and asks to replace it. Of course the location, name and path have not changed (that would be an obvious reason). Does anyone know why this might be happening? I assume this may be unique to DP8/Win8.1.

Is there some additional setup required to ensure that DP recalls the movie location (other than just "set movie" and saving the project)?
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP8 - losing link to movie files

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Not on a PC but it sounds like the path (directory) probably can't be found. Might be an OS issue. I generally keep movies in my project folder for a number of reasons. Still, DP has never lost track of them on whatever drive they're on.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kdm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP8 - losing link to movie files

Post by kdm »

Thank you for the suggestion - moving it to the project folder did solve it. I typically keep movie files on a separate drive for space and streaming reasons, but for now that will suffice. Not sure why DP loses track of that drive/file location (doesn't happen with other applications). I'm guessing this is, like a few other oddities, tied to Windows 8.1. I think I'll move to Win10 after this current project. DP9 also might not have this issue (unfortunately my demo timed out before I had a chance to play with it).