Distorted sound when recording with Digital Performer 8 or 9

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
alfrejof
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Distorted sound when recording with Digital Performer 8 or 9

Post by alfrejof »

Hello there, ive installed the recent demo of digital performer 9 to try it out but there seems to be a huge issue where the audio from recordings sounds really distorted and unrecordable. This isnt only for the preview but the actual record itself. Im using an external mixer and also have tried out different microphones to no avail. This are some smaller details http://prntscr.com/7l4y1c on fps, hz, etc.
I need to use the program with urgency so any kind of help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance. :wink:
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Distorted sound when recording with Digital Performer 8

Post by stubbsonic »

I'm not on Windows. It might be useful to see if the distortion comes from something BEFORE DP. Have you checked that the signal at your mixers outs is clean? Have you tried recording with your identical setup but into other software?

Latest drivers for your audio interface? If you are using an interface with lines & mic ins, making sure that the gain is not too hot for the input?

Sorry I can't be of more help.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
alfrejof
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by alfrejof »

Yeah :/ pretty sure drivers are up to date. Not only that but i have tried in two different computers and still get the same result. Ive used audacity and the audio comes out clean unlike DP. Ive tried out other mics in other ports (not using the line in like in the mixer) and its still the same result in DP but if used Audacity it doesnt happen, it comes out clean. :/
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Check that your sample rates are all matched hardware>driver>software.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
frankymax

Post by frankymax »

I'm on Windows 7 and DP9 is working fine for me. Make sure you're not sending the audio outs back in thru an aux or something else where you could be doubling the output of the audio. DP9 is working beautifully on my setup.
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/