DP9 and Vienna Ensemble Pro

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP9 and Vienna Ensemble Pro

Post by Mathematics »

I wanted to confirm a pleasant interaction between the new DP9 and VEP.

For the record, Magic Dave just notified me of the free DP9 upgrade for having purchased DP8 this year. So, I installed it, opened up a heavily-instanced Vienna Ensemble Pro Orchestral template...touched one key and the soft sound of a Steinway filled the room. Then I armed...I don't know, 20 instruments, played some random major chord, same thing. I didn't even have to set or configure one thing from the way I left DP8 the night before...even the color scheme!

Smooth MOTU...real smooth.

That is all.
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP9 and Vienna Ensemble Pro

Post by kelldammit »

Just picked up VEP (again), and I concur. The MAS version works great here, as well.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.