Missing Icons in Event List, Conductor Track & Legend

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jsg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Missing Icons in Event List, Conductor Track & Legend

Post by jsg »

All the event icons, except markers, are missing from both the event list and the legend.

Here's a screenshot of the problem, look at the event list and the legend, there are little square box placeholders instead of the actual icons. http://www.jerrygerber.com/dp8missingicons.htm

I've tried repairing the installation, deleting all the preference files, deleting Windows 7 Icon cache file and searching for settings within DP8.

I have DP installed on my office computer and the icons are present, but on my DAW they are not.

Has anyone run across this issue?

Thanks
Jerry
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Missing Icons in Event List, Conductor Track & Legend

Post by monkey man »

Jerry, have you tried switching themes to another (any other one) and back to this one? It's conceivable that something needed "clearing".

Another possible, 'though unlikely explanation is that your font/s folder's missing MOTU's additions, or some of them. You could try copying the folder from your office computer to this one and see what happens.

I only know Mac stuff, so who knows, you may not have a User font folder into which the applications you install may or may not insert custom fonts.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
jsg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by jsg »

monkey man wrote:Jerry, have you tried switching themes to another (any other one) and back to this one? It's conceivable that something needed "clearing".

Another possible, 'though unlikely explanation is that your font/s folder's missing MOTU's additions, or some of them. You could try copying the folder from your office computer to this one and see what happens.

I only know Mac stuff, so who knows, you may not have a User font folder into which the applications you install may or may not insert custom fonts.
Thanks for the tip. I tried copying the DP fonts from one computer to the other, but that didn't resolve it.

I just talked to MOTU and they confirmed the issue, and know about it. They told me it's been fixed in DP9, so all is well. I get DP9 for free because I bought DP8 only last month.

Thanks!

Jerry
http://www.jerrygerber.com
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

Awesome, Jerry!

Go you good thing, MOTU...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack