sustaining sound decrease when releasing notes

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
miscou
Primary DAW OS: Windows

sustaining sound decrease when releasing notes

Post by miscou »

Hello everyone,

I finally found some time to install the demo of DP on Windows. (Long time ago, I used it in a music Mac lab, I remember having good experiences).

I currently have a strange problem with the Native Instrument piano bank "New York Concert Grand" (use as a Virtual Instrument). When I use the sustain pedal and I release keys on my MIDI keayboard, sustaining sound volume decreases by almost 50% ?? It is very audible. So, pedal sustain works well, but sound decrease when note-off are sent.

It's a problem in DP because the piano plug-in works perfectly well with Reeper and in stand-alone mode. With DP, I clearly see the number of "Voices" in Kontakt window dropping when I release my keyboard keys.

Any idea ? hint ?

thank you for your help.
Miscou
miscou
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: sustaining sound decrease when releasing notes

Post by miscou »

Oh ! yes! Problem solved! It's been days that I test many things and there I found. I just noticed that in the MIDI Monitor window I see 2 MIDI interfaces (when I just have one!)

So I see
External Ports:
- M- Audio Audiophile MIDI In
- 3-M -Audio Audiophile MIDI In

I found it strange, so I decided to activate the MultiRecord function (Studio - MultiRecord ) and then choose only one interface in the input of my MIDI track.
Tadam ! the sound is perfect, I don't have anymore this "sustaining decrease effect".

By the way, why do I have two MIDI interfaces listed in MIDI Monitor window ? How can I delete this interfaces ?
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: sustaining sound decrease when releasing notes

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

So the problem ISN'T DP after all. What an effen surprise. BTW, you misspelled Reaper. Lol.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS