MIDI recorded part different from what i played.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Mamass
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MIDI recorded part different from what i played.

Post by Mamass »

Dear DP users, hello to all, this is my first post.

I have an issue while recording MIDI (keybords) parts along with audio.
The MIDI recorded parts are different from what i played and are "off beat".

The projet is a drum/bass/guitars session. It has not being recorded using a clic, the tempo follows some variations. A tempo has been defined in the project as a start tempo reference for the drummer.

I'm trying to record some MIDI keyboard parts on top of the audio, but when i listen to what i just recorded, my MIDI parts are off beat, different from what i just played, as if the software automatically placed some notes according to a defined tempo grid (or something like this, i'm not really sure about the reason of this issue).

Does anybody know about a solution to this problem ?

Thank you very much in advance.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MIDI recorded part different from what i played.

Post by HCMarkus »

From a prior thread:
frankymax wrote:I had something similar happen several months ago and called Tech Support- they said to go to Preferences/Play & Record and either check or un-check (depending on whether it's checked or not) the "Sync Recorded MIDI to Patch Thru" button - this fixed it for me. I hope it works for you!
Try it. I bet you will find the "Sync Recorded MIDI to Patch Thru" button is checked, and that un-checking it will cure what ails you.

If you use a small enough Audio Buffer, this feature can help you record better-timed tracks using VIs, but with a large buffer, results are rarely useful.
Mamass
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: MIDI recorded part different from what i played.

Post by Mamass »

Hi HCMarkus, thanks for this quick reply.

It works for me ! I've been looking for hours to find a solution. Thank you very much !