Patch Select

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
stuartjmoran
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Patch Select

Post by stuartjmoran »

I hope someone can help. Just switched to dp from Sonar and I am having a few problems. I am using multi record mode. I'm trying to use dp to load my different patches on two synths and a controller. All my routing is working correctly. However when I load and reload the sequence chunks my patches aren't changing. I press play to start the sequence and I patches dont change. I have selected all my patches for my keyboards under the default patch header in the track menu. Everything I have read in my manual says the default patch header should be loading my patches. They are also appearing under the patch header i don't know if this part of the problem but I can't seem to blank them or delete them. They appear every time.
I hope someone can help because I've made the jump to dp and I'm finding this very frustrating. Thanks in advance.
jbyerly1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Patch Select

Post by jbyerly1 »

In the Event List Window. there is a scroll down window that says "patch change" From there you can set patches for your Hard ware 0r soft synth

ps. Highly recommend watch the different vids that are available
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
leigh

Post by leigh »

jbyerly1 wrote:In the Event List Window. there is a scroll down window that says "patch change" From there you can set patches for your Hard ware 0r soft synth

ps. Highly recommend watch the different vids that are available
Eli Krantzberg's Groove3 videos are very helpful:

http://www.groove3.com/str/Digital-Perf ... ained.html

http://www.groove3.com/str/Digital-Perf ... anced.html

They'll get you up to speed quickly. Consider getting the All-Access pass.

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Do you have DP set to "chase" the patch changes?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

There's a "clear default patch" command somewhere too.

Could come in handy.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Yes, I was assuming the Patch Change messages are in the MIDI data, but you can sometimes put them in the appropriate columns in the Track Overview.
stuartjmoran

Post by stuartjmoran »

Hi,

Thanks for all your responses. I have tried all the suggestions however I am still having difficulty with my Korg Krome Synth. The Yamaha MX I have is working fine now after I selected event chasing so thanks for that. I have switched that on and off for process of elimination to try and get the Krome to patch change. However its still not changing patches when I press play or load a new sequence. It is saving the patch name but not sending the message on play or open. If I manually click on the patch for each track it will change it then. This is not ideal every time I load up a new sequence/chunk.

Thanks again for your help I feel im a setting away from getting this working.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Are patch changes being filtered?
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Yeah, I thought that too, Stoiv, but they're sent when he clicks on them, so I'm thinking...

Damn. It's way too late to be thinking...

Soi ya Frawday.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
stuartjmoran

Post by stuartjmoran »

Hi Again,

I have looked at patch filters on my Korg Krome and they are not being filtered. I have checked the clear default patch command. Still no joy.
ARRGH
I'm really getting to used to DP I have setup all my songs as chunks but none of them are changing patches on Krome. This is so frustrating.

Cheers again guys for any help or suggestions. Im not ready to give up yet. If it was a problem between the Krome and DP then surely they wouldn't work when I manually clicked them on the default patch column. I don't get it.

ARRRG AGAIN

Cheers Again
stuartjmoran

Post by stuartjmoran »

Hi
I'm now at the point of giving up. I'm trying to add the patches now as a MIDI event and its crashing digital performer every time. Still works when I manually click the default patch but still can't get them to change when I press play or load a sequence. This is so frustrating I'm loving do it has everything I want but triggering patch changes is the key to my whole setup. Have no more ideas. I've tried everything on this thread.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Call the support line at MOTU?
stuartjmoran

Post by stuartjmoran »

All Sorted and working properly

Just for future reference. I was using a standard USB to MIDI cable instead of the Korg Krome and Yamaha USB connection's. I've updated the drivers and switched to the usb. All working perfectly. Now I can start to build my set lists and finally include VST's.

Brilliant News

Stu
jbyerly1

Post by jbyerly1 »

Just curious. does Korg have a specials usb cable and how much was from drivers. Im On Mac and have had zero trouble with my old Korg X-3 and have been using generic MIDI>usb for years
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
stuartjmoran

Post by stuartjmoran »

Hi,

There is no KORG USB cable just updated the KORG drivers