VEP 5 not working with DP8 Windows

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ftvessen
Primary DAW OS: Windows

VEP 5 not working with DP8 Windows

Post by ftvessen »

Hi all,

I am having the strangest problem with getting VE Pro5 to work with Digital Performer. I am using 2 PC's, both running WIndows 7 Pro, using one for my DAW, the other one as a slave for sample libraries with VE.

My setup works great with Samplitude, Studio One, Sonar, Pro Tools and Reaper, but when I am trying Digital Performer 8, VE Pro keeps starting and stopping the engine when I am trying to play back, causing serious problems. It also goes into MIXDOWN mode when I am trying to play back. Very strange, never happens in any of the other programs. I have tried different buffer settings, decoupling and everything else I could think of, but no luck. It even does this with an empty instance of VE. I called MOTU to ask if this was a known problem, but they had never heard of it. They just referred me to Vienna instead. While it is clearly a DP related problem...

Anyone able to shed some light into this? Anything I can do, like a setting in DP?

Thanks.... Frank
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: VEP 5 not working with DP8 Windows

Post by kelldammit »

i don't have VEP anymore, but in DP, are you running it in realtime mode?
The setting is in the Mini menu at the top right corner of the plugin's window.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.