VEP slave can't reconnect correctly??

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mikeharper
Primary DAW OS: Windows

VEP slave can't reconnect correctly??

Post by mikeharper »

Hi DP'rs: New user from Cubase.

I have a windows 7 Master PC and a new slave PC. I just started using VEP and I noticed that after I close a project In DP and reopen it. Vienna ensemble Pro fails to completely reconnect to the slave computer.
What specifically happens is when I open my project. VEP on the slave box shows a connection statues BUT does not load any of the instruments.
On the Master side the instrument shows up as disconnected. Here is where it gets weird. When I click "Connect" The slave computer shows another instance connected to the master computer but the master still fails to connect to the slave.
The workaround is to rebuild the instrument in DP.
The performance once connected is fine its just when I close out of the project and reopen it fails to reload.
I created the instruments in DP as specified in the VEP docs. I am using aux tracks for additional instruments to mix individually.
Has anyone ever seen this?? I am assuming its a operator error. I tried saving mataframes and projects In vep and reloading them manually but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas??
DP10
Asus 490a, Win 10 pro,
Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1200
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 Audio & sample drives
16G ram. MOTU 8A USB3-Thunderbolt
mikeharper

Re: VEP slave can't reconnect correctly??

Post by mikeharper »

Problem is now in cubase so it is a VEP issue. :(
DP10
Asus 490a, Win 10 pro,
mikeharper

Re: VEP slave can't reconnect correctly- SOLVED

Post by mikeharper »

After lengthy troubleshooting it was determined to be in the master daw apparently related to VEP/OS. I re-imaged the box its fine now. Acronis saves the day! :D
DP10
Asus 490a, Win 10 pro,