the ideal way to export a project from audition into digital

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kivish
Primary DAW OS: Windows

the ideal way to export a project from audition into digital

Post by kivish »

hello -

i currently have a very large multitrack session in adobe audition. i've found myself doing more and more work in digital performer and i'd like to continue this project in digital performer.

i'm guessing that because i have track and clip effects configured that most of these will be lost, what i'm wondering is how to preserve the trimming of clips (many clips are trimmed into the timeline), embedded markers and notes, and the quality of the original untouched wav files that make up a large part of its content.

is OMF the best? is there an easy way to do this? when i tried last time i was given a render time of over 7 hours which seems like the wrong option because i want to export these clips in a way that doesn't touch them or re-process them.

i've searched in the interface of DP8 and though it is references in the manual as being a function it doesn't seem like the windows version supports FCP XML import - any alternatives?