Installation path for DP 8?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Woimiow
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Installation path for DP 8?

Post by Woimiow »

I want try DP 8 64bit. I have win7 Home Premium and if i want install DP, it automatically install to C\Program Files\... how can i change installation path? I want disc C clear as possible from programs mess, and do not want have program on C. Now i canceled installation and some mess from DP i have still on C.

I uninstall not complete installation of DP, and there is still some files from DP, where and how i can locate this files?
klamm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Installation path for DP 8?

Post by klamm »

Hi,

I faced the same problem few months ago. The default folder is C: Program Files (x86) for the 32 bits version and C: Programs for the 64 bits one.
I think there is no way to change the location before the installation.
At the end of the install process, I simply cut & pace the DP8 folder. It works.
Usually, it is not advisable to do such a thing but concerning DP, it's ok! :D

Regards
Live 9, DP 9.01, Max/Msp, Machfive 3, UVI Falcon, U-he Bazille & Diva, GRM Tools, 2C-Audio, Izotope...
Woimiow
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Woimiow »

Thanks for reply. This is interesting, but in my opinion it is not correct from developer of DP. I want full control where my application will be installed and i never discover program, with no control installation, if yes, i cant remember. And most of them have installation info progress where are all files installed. Maybe sonar have some folders which i cant change the path. I hope, motu in future change this..
klamm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by klamm »

Well, I totally agree with you...
Live 9, DP 9.01, Max/Msp, Machfive 3, UVI Falcon, U-he Bazille & Diva, GRM Tools, 2C-Audio, Izotope...