Cannot Install DP8

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
JayBirde
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Cannot Install DP8

Post by JayBirde »

Hey guys,
I just recently picked up a used MOTU 896HD off of a buddy of mine. This unit has been in a rack in a studio since purchased, so excellent condition. Being an awesome interface, I figured I would try Digital Performer 8 to see how well the two work together. Currently I use Presonus Studio One Pro.

I went to the MOTU website and downloaded the trial of DP8. When I click on the .exe file to install, I get a popup asking if it is OK to run this file. I click on yes and that is the end of it. Do not get any installation window or anything. When I check my System Processes and Running programs, there is nothing running.

I have tried downloading the file using Chrome and IE and no difference. The file size is 949MB, just like it shows on the MOTU website. I have tried running as Administrator and also have tried with my Anti-Virus software turned off, and I always get the same results. I have also called MOTU about this and they suggested trying to download in another browser (which I did) and to try installing by turning off my Anti-Virus software (also did this).

I would REALLY like to try DP8 and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Have also tried installing after a reboot, to no avail. Here are some specs:

HP Pavilion M9340F
Quad Core
6GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Motu 896HD connected via FW

Thanks,
JayBirde
:headbang:
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Cannot Install DP8

Post by James Steele »

Hopefully a Windows user will chime in, but you might try contacting MOTU tech support also. Either start calling first thing in the morning or send a tech note to them. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
JayBirde
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Cannot Install DP8

Post by JayBirde »

I have also called MOTU about this and they suggested trying to download in another browser (which I did) and to try installing by turning off my Anti-Virus software (also did this).
Thanks, James. Yeah I already called & tried everything they said to try. Maybe I should just try the Mac Version instead.