Probably the worst daw i've tried

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jujube
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Probably the worst daw i've tried

Post by jujube »

I've tried and worked with many Daw since Voyetra ;-) Cubase,Reaper,Sampl.etc. DP8(win.)is by far the worst.Layouts(Font)-MIDI(terrible echooing) wich is unacceptable. Asio crash on every opening of the Soft. You want to open a Virtual instrument track? Joke! You have to combine regular MIDI track with the VI one...
I don't understand how you guys enjoy working with that daw.
The good thing, it's no more on my Pc. Good luck
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Probably the worst daw i've tried

Post by Shooshie »

jujube wrote:I've tried and worked with many Daw since Voyetra ;-) Cubase,R•••••,Sampl.etc. DP8(win.)is by far the worst.Layouts(Font)-MIDI(terrible echooing) wich is unacceptable. Asio crash on every opening of the Soft. You want to open a Virtual instrument track? Joke! You have to combine regular MIDI track with the VI one...
Thanks so much for your opinion. We'll begin work right now and try to change Digital Performer to fit your preferences. I hope we can make it better before we lose you forever as a DP user.

Hope to see you back here soon, when we have DP working just like Cubase and Reaper. Also, we hope to provide a language coach and spell-checker for you when you come back, so that your posts will be more legible. I'm sure that an expert DAW user such as yourself is THINKING legibly, even if our forum fails your typing-challenged fingers.

Cheers,

Shooshie (27-year DP user, obviously stupider for it.)
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

jujube wrote:I've tried and worked with many Daw since Voyetra ;-) Cubase,R•••••,Sampl.etc. DP8(win.)is by far the worst.Layouts(Font)-MIDI(terrible echooing) wich is unacceptable. Asio crash on every opening of the Soft. You want to open a Virtual instrument track? Joke! You have to combine regular MIDI track with the VI one...

Did you join the forum just to make your asinine and ignorant comments?

It's obvious for all of us you are simply too dumb to use a sophisticated DAW like DP.

Stick to Garbage Band, providing it's not too advanced for you.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

I think the echoing is in jujube's head:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 30&t=58249
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Sometimes the post says more about the author than the topic or content. But please, go back to Cubase. Enjoy. LOL
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Sounds like you had a frustrating first go with DP.

Some screen fonts are a little small, and perhaps you were experiencing some stability issues in Windows (which IS a fairly recent platform for DP).

That said, as you can see you ruffled the feathers of some of the most heavy-weight users of DP on the planet. These are people who have also used (and still use) MANY other DAWs. DP is their DAW of choice for MANY valid reasons.

Seems like you got frustrated long before you were able to even scratch the surface of what DP can do.

You'll be fine with whatever DAW is suitable to your level of skill and expertise. But know that making public rash statements based on very little experience is probably not going to accomplish much. If you had come onto this forum asking for advice for how to get DP working, you would have met much friendlier people than you got with all the piss & vinegar.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

You use Windows OS and complain in a Mac forum. The problem may not be with the DAW.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
MIDI Life Crisis

Look at all the great minds that coulda helped him outta the sump! Butt know, he had to start by bitchin' Sea what it gits 'em. Lol.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Hey! I TOLD him that we'd change it to his preferences. I'll write MOTU today, and they can get right on it.

:rofl:

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

On a more serious note:
This guy just illustrated what I said in the thread about making an all-in-one track. Once people have done that (and not comprehended what it's doing) they expect that and that only. The reality behind it is something they do not comprehend. I mean, they have no basis for understanding it. I guess the MIDI rack of old is not even a metaphor for them. They'd be lost in the 1980s. (but we all were, come to think of it, struggling to swim out of it.)

I don't know. Maybe that MegaTrack is going to be necessary one of these days. Even the metaphor of the studio may be disappearing, just as Steve Jobs thought that the desktop metaphor has faded.

Geez. This is making my head hurt. Not the guy. Just the realization that the next wave of DAW users may be just like him, expecting the DAW to do everything for them.

"Butter your bread, sir? Right after I freeze these tracks!"

Shoosh
MIDI Life Crisis

Let's also make all pianos player pianos while we're at it.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Let's also make all pianos player pianos while we're at it.
Hey, that's not a bad idea. Get rid of those pesky pianists once and for all!

Shoosh
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I just hope that IF things end up getting dumbed down (-- anyone here see Idiocracy?) -- that the developers will keep all the same software depth/flexibility, but just provide a kind of "factory preset" facade of defaults/templates for dummies. Get 'em up & running without having to understand half of what they are doing.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

I like totally agree, dudes... I mean, like who needs to practice a stupid instrument for hours, or why would I need to hone any skills at all. That's like so 20th century!

Let them computers do all that work for me.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

I guess I'm so 18th century then.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS