Grouping MIDI Drum Tracks in DP8

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
drjazz930
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Grouping MIDI Drum Tracks in DP8

Post by drjazz930 »

Greetings,

I'm reviewing MIDI files I did years ago. I'm now using Sampletank 3, and I would like to Merge all my individual MIDI Drum tracks into one track. I've seen the "merge" command in the drum editor, but this didn't work. Can anyone help me? I used to use Sonar, and it was easy to just highlight all drum tracks, there was a track combine command in the edit menu, and I'm sure it's easy to do in DP8 as well....
Thanks so much,
Edward
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Grouping MIDI Drum Tracks in DP8

Post by buzzsmith »

Offhand, I can think of two ways...

1. Use the "Split Notes" function and select (for instance) your kick drum track. Set the range to correspond with the actual MIDI note value...probably B1 or C1. Make sure "Merge" is the option and assign it to your newly created all drums track. The kick drum should now be in the new drum track. Repeat with another kit piece.

2. In the Tracks overview window, highlight (again, for instance) the kick drum track making sure the range is from the beginning of the sequence to the end. Simply drag that highlighted graphic representation to your new drum track. Repeat...

3. There is probably a way (early and I'm on the iPad right now) to select all of the previous drum tracks (again from sequence start to sequence end), Copy and Paste into the new all drums track.

Hope that helps!

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

I think you're looking for Multiple Merge. It depends on where you do it, but in the SE select the tracks you want and copy (cmd-c). Create a new MIDI track, select it and the cmd-opt-m to merge all the tracks you copied to the new track. You can do it in the MIDI editor also using the track selector and select all in the viewed tracks, but I don't know about the Drum Editor.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
drjazz930

Post by drjazz930 »

Thank you both for your replies, I will try this...
Edward
drjazz930

Post by drjazz930 »

Nazrat, you were correct, I'm using Windoz, so I just tried Cntrl-Alt-M, it worked like a charm....Thanks so much!!
Edward