garritan/aria player

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
apfoll
Primary DAW OS: Windows

garritan/aria player

Post by apfoll »

Brand new to digital performer. Not new to DAWs.

I have the instrument track working fine (garritan) 6 instruments loaded up.

Aria player puts out 8 stereo channels (outputs) that you can assign each instrument to. I could "see" all of those in Cubase. The only one I can "see" in DP is the first stereo pair (1/2). If I assign an instrument in ARIA to anything other than 1/2 I can't figure out how to route it in DP and therefore can't hear it.

I'd like to put each instrument on a separate out channel. Can this be done in DP? I can't seem to get past the track window where all I see is the ARIA Player (Multi) - 1 and can only send that to one output. Or is the answer a bunch of AUX tracks?
apfoll
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: garritan/aria player

Post by apfoll »

OK, I figured out the routing except for the "main" or "1/2" pairs. Anyone know if these can be used. They don't appear in any of the output window choices and they don't seem to be an option in the bundles area either.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: garritan/aria player

Post by bayswater »

Looks like you've figured it out. The first output pair is created when you create the instrument track. The others, you create in the Bundle Window. The first pair will default to your main outputs (you can change that like any other possible output that you have defined in the Bundles window), and the rest appear as possible inputs to Aux tracks, or new Audio channels.

It's a bit awkward that you can't deal with the first output pair in the Bundles window for ease of naming. I've taken to starting the outputs for VIs at the 3-4 pair, and leave outputs 1-2 as the default to quickly audition new sounds in the VI without having to create a new output pair. This reduces your total number of sounds to 15 but as you'll find it is usually more processor efficient to start up additional instances of a VI like Aria, than to load more instruments into one instance.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8