LiveRoom Problems in DP8 For Windows

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jambo175
Primary DAW OS: Windows

LiveRoom Problems in DP8 For Windows

Post by jambo175 »

Not sure if this issue has been reported as I was unable to find it in any of the forums. Inserting any of the LiveRoom plugins to a track causes all the displayed animations (counters, meters,etc) to freeze. If I click and hold the mouse on a fader animations resume, let up and it stops. The audio still plays and all of the Liveroom features work, I can add cabinets, mics, change levels, but it only takes a short amount of time before the display freezes. The fix is to exit the session, close and restart DP8. If I leave live room running in the background, and don't open it everything works ok. Any ideas where I can start?

Currently running DP 8.06 60183 (64bit) for Windows on a Dell XPS 8700, 3.4 Ghz i7, 16Gb Ram, GeForce GT 635 video (4Gb Ram), dual displays.

Tried opening an 8track audio sequence, stopped playback, soloed bass track, opened Live Room B. Tried some different cabinets in Live Room B, stopping playback each time. Everything works as expected for a minute or two, then DP8 display randomly freezes. If I click on a fader in the Mixing board (consolidated window) things move until I let go of the mouse. The only way to recover is to close down DP8. I do not believe this is a resource problem as I stated earlier, memory and cpu usage are low. (around 25%) The Live rooms are the only VST plugins that I am experiencing this problem with. I think they are great, I just want to use them more!