HUI

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
etl17
Primary DAW OS: Windows

HUI

Post by etl17 »

Hi there,

I am enjoying running DP8 on Win7 64bit and controlling it with my Mackie HUI. However, I noticed that the HUI keypad and the Function keys are not recognized by DP. Is this a known issue? Hitting the Num-Del (Dot key on num keyboard) on my computer keyboard works as expected, but the same button on my HUI is not. The same is true for the rest of HUI's num key buttons, as well as the function keys.

Any pointers will be appreciated...

Thank you in advance,

Stefanos
DP 9, Win 7 64bit, 24GB RAM, RME HDSPe / Digiface, UAD 2, Powercore x8, HUI, 1 million plugins!
4stripes

Re: HUI

Post by 4stripes »

The HUI keypad is not a keyboard keypad. It's HUI data, not keyboard data. Therefore their functions are not always synonymous. You'd have to look for a DP HUI guide to know what DP supports.
etl17

Post by etl17 »

Yes, I understand.
According to the MOTU HUI guide, the HUI keypad can be used the same way as the keyboard keypad (for example to enter a new counter position etc).
Has this ever worked? Or it is just broken in the Windows version?
DP 9, Win 7 64bit, 24GB RAM, RME HDSPe / Digiface, UAD 2, Powercore x8, HUI, 1 million plugins!
etl17

Post by etl17 »

BTW, if anyone is interested I have created a custom preset for MIDI Translator Pro that enables HUI's keypad and function buttons to simulate the keyboard equivalent functionality. PM me if you are interested.

--Stefanos.
wilcofan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by wilcofan »

I was just about to suggest Bomes. But I see you are already on it.

I find with HUI, any DAW, having Bomes is really a prerequisite.
Digital Performer 8.07
Mac Pro 3.1
Windows 7 (bootcamp)
etl17

Post by etl17 »

For the shake of documenting the HUI bugs, it appears that most of the 3rd party VST plug-ins when brought in for parameter editing within HUI, the parameter values shown within HUI do not correspond to the actual values currently in effect at the plugin. Once an edit is made (either directly on the plugin or through the HUI VPots) the new value is correctly reflected on the HUI. Same if a parameter is automated (once a change to the parameter occurs, HUI correctly reflects the appropriate value).

Maybe DP9 can provide an opportunity to address these HUI driver shortcomings?