DP 8.06 crashes on exit? Windows 7

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
DeanPk
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by DeanPk »

Any ideas?

Dean
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 8.06 crashes on exit? Windows 7

Post by NazRat »

In my experience, crash on quit is usually related to a plugin. What non-MOTU plugs are you using in the session? Disable those and see what happens. I suppose it could also be the audio driver, but you can change the Hardware Config to another ASIO device (i.e. ASIO4ALL) or Windows Audio and see if the crashes stop. A couple of things to try.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
porya
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by porya »

Hi

i have the same exact problem, DP won't close on exit and i have to kill the process, I'm using demo version, i tries some solution but none of them are worked ( disabling plugins, changing audio driver and etc .. )
i would appreciate if someone can help me with this !
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

porya wrote:Hi

i have the same exact problem, DP won't close on exit and i have to kill the process, I'm using demo version, i tries some solution but none of them are worked ( disabling plugins, changing audio driver and etc .. )
i would appreciate if someone can help me with this !
The OP has a different problem - he gets a crash on exit, not a hang like what you're describing. I have also had the occasional hang on exit with the Windows version, but it is intermittent and I have no idea why. If you can consistently recreate the problem you should call MOTU tech support and see if they can figure it out.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1