DP8 and jBridge

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
gebradle
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP8 and jBridge

Post by gebradle »

Hi MOTU Nation! First time posting.

I have a large number of old DP projects from a studio (now closed) that I did some work for about 6 years ago. I am interested in working on these old projects. I'm currently running the DP8 demo. Pretty much all of these projects have old versions of IK VSTs (AmpliTube 2, CSR 1.something, T-racks 1.something). I realize that DP does not have a built in bridge for 32 bit plugins, so I am also trying the jBridge demo. The plugins now work, but the old projects do not recognize them. I assume it is because of the name differences. For example, instead of showing up simply as "AmpliTube 2" in the plugin menu, it shows up as "[jBridge]AmpliTube 2". Is there anyway to fix this? I'd rather fix these issues before I go out and purchase the full versions of DP8 and jBridge.

Thanks!
gebradle
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP8 and jBridge

Post by gebradle »

So I managed to remove the [jBridge] prefix, but have realized another issue. The plugins are actually followed by either "(mono to stereo)" or "(stereo)". Even without the jBridge prefix, they do not have these following the name. Not sure if there will be a fix to this...It doesn't seem you can alter plugin names within DP.