Which audio interfaces for DP8 on windows 8?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
azeroth
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Which audio interfaces for DP8 on windows 8?

Post by azeroth »

Hi guys,

just a little message to gather your opinions about audio interfaces that work perfectly with DP8 on Windows 8. I think this topic should be helpfull for most of new users who want to use DP on "PC world" but also for who want to switch plateform (mostly for economic reasons).

I'm waiting for your feedback guys :wink: Have a nice day !
Gigabyte P55a-UD3P - Intel i7 2,8 Ghz (1156)- 16 GB DDR3 GSkill - Sapphire HD7950
Timeline
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Which audio interfaces for DP8 on windows 8?

Post by Timeline »

Not that many users yet but I would bet on RME FW series as they seem to update their Windoze driver almost monthly. Update us on your success here when you do choose.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
azeroth

Post by azeroth »

Hi Timeline,

first of all thank you for your reply (I feel less alone with DP8 on PC) :D :wink: In fact RME semms to be a good choice to work with DP8 on PC. Unfortunately it seems that other manufacturers are not as lucky. I would love to use MOTU interfaces but too many people had issues (hardware issues but also unstability) on windows. I thought DP8 + MOTU hardwares should be the best choice (it is on Mac), but on windows plateform ...

I was also looking at Focusrite because my audio interface is no longer supported on windows version 8 but i'm waiting for feedback about DP users on PC (anybody use Focusrite audio interfaces on windows + DP8?).

So thank you Timeline and have a good day !

Don' hesitate to post about your audio config with DP8, it will be very helpfull for who want to use DP8 on windows ;-)

Have a nice day !
Gigabyte P55a-UD3P - Intel i7 2,8 Ghz (1156)- 16 GB DDR3 GSkill - Sapphire HD7950
toni_bena

Post by toni_bena »

Timeline wrote:Not that many users yet but I would bet on RME FW series as they seem to update their Windoze driver almost monthly. Update us on your success here when you do choose.
Happy RME FW FF400 user here on Win 8.1 :D :D :D
Windows 10 Pro x64 / ASUS P5Q PRO / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 8 Gb Ram DDR2 800Mhz / NVIDIA GeForce GT520 / 2 x WD 500 Mb / CD-DVD RW PLEXTOR / RME FF400
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

azeroth wrote:I would love to use MOTU interfaces but too many people had issues (hardware issues but also unstability) on windows. I thought DP8 + MOTU hardwares should be the best choice (it is on Mac), but on windows plateform ...
I wouldn't think that at all.
The main audio interface that both the PC and Mac version is going to work well with will be the ones they make. PC's are inherently more subject to variation, but you have to think that in house testing for the PC version is going to be done first on MOTU hardware, then sent to beta testers who have other interfaces etc.

I have an RME and can vouch for it on Mac, and I'm certain it's fine for PC too, but I'm also certain that MOTU hardware isn't a bad choice for MOTU software.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
azeroth

Post by azeroth »

I have seen on various topics but also on videos, customers that reports issues with Motu audio interfaces on PC. As a prospective client (I have to choose my future interface to work with window 8 and DP8), some comments don't reassure me.

Anyway, RME seems to be the best choice on PC (people who use DP8 on PC don't have any problems).
organix

Post by organix »

I can't tell you which interface its best, but I can say you which isn't.

I gave DP8 a try on my Windows machine with a Focusrite Saffire FW interface and it works with a very poor performance. So I can't recommend Focusrite FW interfaces to work with DP8 on Windows.
azeroth

Post by azeroth »

I tried with mine also (an old focusrite 10 i/o) in firewire and i agree with you: it doesn't work pretty good :( "The Made in Germany" seems to be the best choice on windows plateform with DP.

I think i will buy the last fireface UCX (both connections USB 2.0 and FW400 are available). On board DSP are in plus and stability seems to be pretty good.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Since you haven't given us a clue what you are trying to accomplish, this whole thread is kind of silly, isn't it?

No one can make a recommendation until us what your needs are.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
azeroth

Post by azeroth »

My needs are very simple:

which audio interface is fully compatibile with Windows 8 and DP8? I mean audio interfaces with improved drivers that work perfectly with Windows 8. Unfortunately, too many manufacturers use to specify that their products are "Windows 8 Ready" but in "a real world" it's not true.

My question didn't mention audio quality.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

azeroth wrote:I have seen on various topics but also on videos, customers that reports issues with Motu audio interfaces on PC. As a prospective client (I have to choose my future interface to work with window 8 and DP8), some comments don't reassure me.

Anyway, RME seems to be the best choice on PC (people who use DP8 on PC don't have any problems).
Hmm? are you looking specifically at posts about MOTU hardware with
DP8 Windows or people using other PC DAWs and MOTU interfaces?
Again, it's that specific configuration that I'm talking about, DP8 with motu interface using Windows 7 or 8. The one really great thing about motu hardware is that it's easily returned to local stores etc. so you can try it out and see if it's compatible if you doubt my logic. :)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
miketownsmotu

Post by miketownsmotu »

Hi Everyone,
Focusrite firewire interfaces work properly with DP and windows 8 computers, please make sure you have the correct compatible chipset installed. Click the link below to see the if your chipset is compatible with your interface:
http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/how- ... -interface

Best regards,