Up to 1 minute delay in MIDI to external devices !!!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Up to 1 minute delay in MIDI to external devices !!!

Post by bayswater »

Did you check for a MIDI loop?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Tzakuk
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Tzakuk »

I have ASIO4ALL installed, but I have read about issues with it regarding MOTU, and it did not have any effect on my specific MIDI issue.

I don't see how I could have a loop... only one sound module in the MIDI chain, started with an empty project, and added only one MIDI track, disabled all plugins...
ASUS A55BM-E, AMD A10-7850K 4CPU+8GPU R7 @3.7Ghz, 16GB DDR3@1600 (PC3 12800), 1TB WD Blue SATA 6.0Gb/s, Windows 8.1 64 OEM
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

If you have your MIDI out of your controller into your MIDI in of your interface, I think you are safe. But if you have MIDI out from your interface back to your keyboard (if it has built-in sounds) then you can have a loop.

It would be good if you could see what was coming from your keyboard. There's probably a MIDI utility that will show you if things like active sensing, aftertouch or pitch wheel are outputting something unexpected. You can also look in your MIDI track's event editor to see if there are lots of CC messages or other stuff. This all assumes there is something wrong with the controller. But if it is software related, I suppose all this is a waste of time. It'd be easier just to take the controller and interface to a Mac and see if it is all functioning like so.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Eddy Yates

Post by Eddy Yates »

I'm no help for your problem, but I'm also having very strange MIDI problems with DP8 and Windows 7. Have you tried pasting your MIDI info into a new project, or is it always a live issue? My delay was not a minute, but it was long, and it was also intermittent, making it tough to track down a solution.
DP 8.06, Sonar X3e, Sony Sound Forge, Windows 7, 16 Gigs RAM, Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz, RME Hammerfall, UAD-2Duo, MOTU MIDI Express 128, MUSE Receptor VIP, Deagan Round-top Orchestral Bells, Yamaha S6 Concert Grand, Clavinet D6, UA 2-610
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You might want to start a new topic if you want to get help with that from the members. Burying it in this thread will probably not get you a good response and if it does, others might not find the solution in a search. Just saying...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Eddy Yates

Post by Eddy Yates »

Thanks. It's already in the chute. I appreciate the note!
DP 8.06, Sonar X3e, Sony Sound Forge, Windows 7, 16 Gigs RAM, Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz, RME Hammerfall, UAD-2Duo, MOTU MIDI Express 128, MUSE Receptor VIP, Deagan Round-top Orchestral Bells, Yamaha S6 Concert Grand, Clavinet D6, UA 2-610