Recording problem with DP8 Windows Audio Plugins

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Eddy Yates
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Recording problem with DP8 Windows Audio Plugins

Post by Eddy Yates »

The more I use DP8, having switched from Sonar, the better I like it. In reading the manual, I can see that it will eventually be even better than I thought it was. Right now, though, the learning curve is steep because of the many ways to do one thing. I haven't been able to find an answer for this problem: I installed several guitar audio plugins on a track. When I try to record the guitarist, DP8 will not record anything. When I disable the plugins, I can record the track. I'm sure there's a preference somewhere to fix this, but I can't find it in the manual. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
DP 8.06, Sonar X3e, Sony Sound Forge, Windows 7, 16 Gigs RAM, Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz, RME Hammerfall, UAD-2Duo, MOTU MIDI Express 128, MUSE Receptor VIP, Deagan Round-top Orchestral Bells, Yamaha S6 Concert Grand, Clavinet D6, UA 2-610