Possible MIDI/Audio sync problem

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Eddy Yates
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Possible MIDI/Audio sync problem

Post by Eddy Yates »

Need some help on this one. Hammerfall DSP Multiface II with DP8 Windows. Haven't encountered this before, where audio that I've recorded starts to drift away from MIDI that was synced when I recorded it. From what I've read in the manual, that's probably a Master sync problem? Went to Setup/Configure Audio System/Configure Hardware Driver/Settings...can't seem to make any difference by changing settings. Would love to hear from anyone with the same RME interface about possible solutions. Thanks.
DP 8.06, Sonar X3e, Sony Sound Forge, Windows 7, 16 Gigs RAM, Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz, RME Hammerfall, UAD-2Duo, MOTU MIDI Express 128, MUSE Receptor VIP, Deagan Round-top Orchestral Bells, Yamaha S6 Concert Grand, Clavinet D6, UA 2-610
4stripes

Re: Possible MIDI/Audio sync problem

Post by 4stripes »

This doesn't make much sense, did you figure it out?

I assume you have an audio and MIDI track in your timeline. Based on that, where ever you start your transport, that's exactly what's going to play out of each track. It doesn't really make sense that one could "drift" freely within the timeline. It sounds like maybe your clips got shuffled accidentally.
Eddy Yates

Re: Possible MIDI/Audio sync problem

Post by Eddy Yates »

Thanks for answer, stripes. Sorry to take so long to answer. Had another big project not using DP8. That's not it. I've been doing this stuff for a long time, so pretty aware of anything like that. That project is exhibiting all kinds of strange behavior, including shutting DP down when I hit Control Z, so I'm just going to open a new project and paste the WAVs into it. You're right....it makes no sense. I had big hopes for DP8, so hope this "corrupt files" possibility is not a recurring problem.