828x over Thunderbolt in Win7

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
alexisk
Primary DAW OS: Windows

828x over Thunderbolt in Win7

Post by alexisk »

Hello,

I just bought a Motu 828x (with Thunderbolt) just because of that type of connection and I found out that they have no drivers for Windows-Thunderbolt on the CD it came with... I even looked online on their site, NOTHING! They have Windows-USB & Firewire drivers but no Thunderbolt!!

Now, it clearly states on the box that System requirements for windows is a USB or Thunderbolt port. It also says "COMPATIBLE" Thunderbolt over windows.

I haven't called them yet because I don't want to register the product for support if I decide to sell it to someone else... I also want to make sure i'm not mistaken. I will have to call them if there is no answer from this forum. HELP, ANYONE! I'm freaking out! I am already giving them a bad rep, pleaaaase tell me i'm wrong!
frankymax
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828x over Thunderbolt in Win7

Post by frankymax »

I was at NAMM a few weeks ago and MOTU showed me a Windows computer running the 828 Thunderbolt interface and so it definitely will work because I saw it with my own two eyes. I was surprised because at UAD they were showing off their new smaller interface and I asked if it would work with Windows and thunderbolt but they said that the drivers still weren't written for Windows and thunderbolt. I asked the MOTU rep about this and he said "well, our 828 Thunderbolt is working with Windows" with a big smile, then proceeded to show me! So, I would call Tech Support and see what the deal is. But I did see it working!
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/