ASIO4ALL unstability

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Emid
Primary DAW OS: Windows

ASIO4ALL unstability

Post by Emid »

Hello to everyone. This forum seems to be very informative and helpful. I hope you guys will continue extending your hands to help those trying to get use to of DP on windows.

I have been demoing DP8 for a while and initially things seemed to be working fine. Finally, I decided to buy this wonderful DAW as it had everything one can imagine but then this honeymoon period soon ended when I ran into ASIO4ALL driver issue. I have searched the whole forum to find the right answer but found only one thread which is here http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 31&t=54143 . If there are more addressing the issue, then I apologise for reposting.

First of all, I had the problem of 'failed' plugins which I got over by deleting Preferences (solution posted here). Second run and another run and then another deletion has not helped me solving Izotope Ozone 5 loading issue, the key plugin I am used to of. I had to stick with the rest with whom I was not much satisfied. Even Zebra2 was an issue to load but then many rescans finally solved it. Bear in mind I have all LEGAL plugins.

Then I enjoyed the demo for a brief period of time until ASIO4ALL issue started. DP8 had started failing to recognize until I would manually set it. Making a template is ok but then in the middle of flow, it strangely picks up my other audio drivers with a terrible sound. Someone suggested in the above mentioned link to again delete the Preferences. With pain, I did it but the result was same. Even, reinstalled the driver.

This refrained me from buying this superb software just in the end when I was about to buy. I think I cannot address these issues to MOTU as I am a demo user but I thought to give a try to ask from learned people of this forum.

My specs are Intet core i5, dual core, 2.50 GHz.
I am sorry if I was not able to accurately explain my problems as English is not my native language. I will definitely be buying it if at least ASIO issue is resolved. Please let me know if there is anything I can do more. I have around two more weeks to demo it.

Sorry for bothering.

Emid.
Emid

Re: ASIO4ALL unstability

Post by Emid »

Sorry for another post.

Forgot to mention, I am on Windows 8, x64. All plugins are x64 either themselves or jbridged from x86. Spectrasonics (Omnisphere, Stylus) were normally scanned but not Trillion. Lexicon PCM reverb and Altiverb are also failed to be loaded. Its just a sad state :(

Thanks in advance!

Regards.
Emid

Post by Emid »

That was not a dumb query at all. I wasn't disrespectful as I see this forum is very touchy on this manner. 36 views and not a single reply! Anyways, uninstalled the software and waiting both the DP software and the community to become mature.

Thanks guys.
frankymax
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by frankymax »

Hmmm, I'm definitely not an expert with this as I've been using DP8.05 on Win 7 for about 1+ years now (coming from 27 years on Mac) but DP is working fine on my system. I don't know what ASIO4ALL drivers are as I'm just using the MOTU asio driver that they have at their website. I'm using a Lynx Aurora 8/USB interface and so far it's been working great. I know you're just demo-ing DP at this point but I'd go to motu.com and start a support ticket or call their tech support and see if they can give you an answer. I called tech support a couple of weeks ago with a weird issue I was having and they solved it in under 2 minutes! And they didn't evn ask for my serial number etc, so I'd really recommend getting in touch with them. BTW, my Lexicon Reverb and Trillian are working fine so I know they can and will work. Sometimes you have to rescan the audio plug-ins and I know you said you have done that but try it with a motu tech support person as they can guide you more clearly.
I hope this helps in some way....
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/
Emid

Post by Emid »

Thanks but this software is not even in my recycle bin now.

I've spent a lot of time to understand its features etc and get along with them but I came to know this problem exists even for mac users as well. DP just don't remember Aux outputs and you have to change it manually everytime when you start your saved projects.

Regarding plugin detection, may be you were successful but a vast majority is not. I heard if you have illegal plugins then DP would not load them thats why I specifically mentioned I have legal gadgets and trust me this is painful to say 'look my thing is legal and not stolen' if you feel what I am saying. Also, the CPU usage was higher with lots of spikes than any other DAW I am using.

Anyways, its still in my list until some or all issues will be solved. Thanks for the head up though.