Can't load impulse responses in proverb

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
phrygn
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Can't load impulse responses in proverb

Post by phrygn »

I'm trying to drag and drop impulses responses (as .wav files) in to proverb but I'm not having any luck. I can load factory files no problem at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm using 8.1, 64 bit.
- (Custom built) Intel i7 4770k (3.8 GHz), 32 gb ram, Windows 8.1, DP 8.05
- 15" Macbook Pro (Intel, 2.53 GHz), 4 gb ram (slave computer)
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can't load impulse responses in proverb

Post by stubbsonic »

I have experienced this. The problem was due to a faulty bus situation. My working theory is that ProVerb needs a working input and a working output. If you try doing anything with IRs before those are established it will ignore all of it.

Now on my rig, I had a bus set up, but something was buggy in DP and the bus didn't work. I believe this is why ProVerb did this in my case.

You might also want to repair permissions. (Just a hunch, but maybe it can't write to the folder where it puts IRs).

Hope this helps.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com