New MOTU ultralite MKIII hybrid

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mascafe
Primary DAW OS: Windows

New MOTU ultralite MKIII hybrid

Post by mascafe »

Hi everybody,
I am just waiting my first MOTU to arrive home in a couple of days. I have some questions if it is possible.
I have no Firewire port in my laptop but I can get a conceptronic ci1394b pci card without matrox 12 v line. Can I use this card? Can I energize the MOTU at same time with an 12 V CC 2A adaptor?
What is best? Firewire in this sense (conceptronic) or USB 2.0. I use Windows 7 64 bits.
I have bought MOTU for replacing an RME Hammefall DSP, with more than 12 years right now. I use the Line 6 UX2 preamps connected via SPDIF to use micros with my RME. I used a presonus bluetube through analog imputs but I didn´t like the sound.
Thanks in advance.
mascafe
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: New MOTU ultralite MKIII hybrid

Post by mascafe »

Hi all,
My Motu Ultralite MKIII hybrid has arrived home and I am very happy with it. I´d like to tell you some information about instalation that could be useful.
My Motu has a firewire 800 port, and not a 400 firewire port as I have seen in the manual on line.

I used a conversor 800 to 400 firewire (6p) hardware device and instaled first the software and conected to a PCIe Aprrox Firewire card (chip via). As I have read on the web I must use the 1394 inherited driver I did so, but I have no device recognition in windows 7. I change this driver by the original Via driver and everyting was fine. I don´t need and extra power, maybe the PCIe 1394 device has enough to work.

I tried 48k and 96 samples buffer with no problem in a 24 bit heavy project in nuendo and latency was 3,3 and 4,6 ms in my laptop.

I have a RME Hammerfall hdsp, about 13 years old and still working fine. I find the motu is clearer and much more flexibility and I love it.
As soon I can I´m going to register on line my Motu.

Cheers :D