recorded MIDI is offset from where it should be

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jazzylee77
Primary DAW OS: Windows

recorded MIDI is offset from where it should be

Post by jazzylee77 »

This must be something simple I'm missing. It's my first attempt using DP. I'm actually reading the getting started pdf and at tutorial 1.

Audio and MIDI working with no noticeable latency. I start the 2 bar countoff and I play, but instead of the notes appearing at the start of the track they are offset by more than 2 quarter notes. It sounds in sync with metronome while recording. Playback is offset though correlating to their misplaced position.

Hoping I make it past tutorial 1. :lol:
DP8 - Windows 10 - i7 4ghz - 32 GB RAM - All Internal SSD harmonica with only one broken reed, lava lamp, cordless drill
jazzylee77

Re: recorded MIDI is offset from where it should be

Post by jazzylee77 »

I mean, sure I've had some passing fascination with time travel, but it's a little unnerving as I play seeing my notes appear in the future down the timeline.
DP8 - Windows 10 - i7 4ghz - 32 GB RAM - All Internal SSD harmonica with only one broken reed, lava lamp, cordless drill
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

Uncheck "Sync recorded notes..." in MIDI Preferences. (I don't have the lingo correct, not at DP at the moment, but something with "sync" in it.)

I am assuming you are using a MIDI sound source (keyboard or module). I expect you have the audio buffer set very high, too. If the audio buffer is small at the time you record the MIDI track, there is less delay.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

In DP7.24 there's something called "Sync Recorded MIDI to Patch Thru." Could that be it?
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
jazzylee77

Post by jazzylee77 »

Thanks for the clue!

In MIDI patch thru I unchecked "sync recorded MIDI to patch thru"

I'm back in the present moment. More or less...
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Thanks to HCMarkus. I didn't even think of it.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4