"audio hardware's state changed" error with creative ASIO

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ssb
Primary DAW OS: Windows

"audio hardware's state changed" error with creative ASIO

Post by ssb »

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and trying to get the DP demo to work. Everything is fine, except when I try to tun on ASIO, I get this "The audio hardware's state changed while MAS was starting up" error. Clicking continue only makes the error show again, so it's impossible to use the program without terrible latency for me.

I have a Creative X-Fi Titanium. Please stifle your laughter, I know this is not an ideal card for audio production, but the ASIO drivers work for everything I have ever tried except this. The error does not show up if I use ASIO4ALL, but that is hardly a substitute. The DP website advertises compatibility with *all* ASIO compatible hardware, so I'm wondering if there is some kind of workaround for this in the mean time? My 30 day trial is slowly ticking away and I can't use it.
ssb

Re: "audio hardware's state changed" error with creative ASI

Post by ssb »

Just for the record this issue is still present in the 8.06 update.
Mathematics

Re: "audio hardware's state changed" error with creative ASI

Post by Mathematics »

I know this is an old post but I wish I would have read your post earlier. I had the exact same problem using a Creative Labs ASIO driver. I too used the ASIO4ALL which works but as you mentioned, that is hardly the solution.

It turns out, after short assessment, that the Creative Labs ASIO driver is NOT compatible with Digital Performer unless something changed since you posted and now in 2015.

So, to anyone thinking of using anything from Creative Labs for DP, if you get that same message, then you know it's time to buy something else. As of now, RME and MOTU hardware (as far as I've read and heard) is the reliable choice for PC systems with RME taking the lead.
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai