crack with focusrite interface !

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
azeroth
Primary DAW OS: Windows

crack with focusrite interface !

Post by azeroth »

Hi all,

i'm going to test a windows version of Digital performer. I'm using a PC running Windows Seven SP1 (64 bits version), with 12 Go of RAM and an Intel i7 processor. I use a focusrite interface (Saffire Pro 10 i/o). On Mac no problem, it works very well, but at the moment i would like to switch from Apple to PC environnement (i don't want to pay an Apple computer like a mac pro, twice the price of the same machine in "a PC world").

So here is my question:

i experienced some cracks when i stop the playback of a soundbite for example. It happen only in this case (when i start to play a soundbite it's ok everything works very well). I used the right drivers for the right plateform and install the Firewire drivers with the right process as mention on the focusrite website.

Anybody has had the same issue with focusrite hardware on windows ?

If any other DP users are working on windows plateform, could you tell me what kind of interface you use (maybe my problem should be resolve using another audio interface with stable drivers on windows) ?

Thank you for your help in advance ! :wink:
Last edited by azeroth on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigabyte P55a-UD3P - Intel i7 2,8 Ghz (1156)- 16 GB DDR3 GSkill - Sapphire HD7950
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: crack with focusrite interface !

Post by corbo-billy »

I know someone who has the same problem: you're not alone _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
proto
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by proto »

yes install asio4all - make hardware use asio4all drivers
azeroth

Post by azeroth »

HI proto and thank you for your answer.

Do i have to uninstall the Focusrite drivers firts or can i just install ASIO4ALL to make it works?

Have a nice day !!:)
Gigabyte P55a-UD3P - Intel i7 2,8 Ghz (1156)- 16 GB DDR3 GSkill - Sapphire HD7950
azeroth

Post by azeroth »

I did it (i just installed ASIO4ALL on my PC) and effectively, it works pretty well !! My issue has been solved by this "little" utility and after testing it during more than 1 hour, i confirm that ASIO4ALL is a miracle for me !!:)

Thank you proto for you answer, you were right, and if someone use an older focusrite interface like mine (Saffire Pro 10 i/o), don't worry because with ASIO4ALL, Digital Performer work now perfectly !!:)
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

azeroth wrote:Digital Performer work now perfectly !!:)
Welcome in MotuNation .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Je vois que tu as résolu ton problème, Alexandre _ :)
rodrigobuj

Post by rodrigobuj »

Hey guys, same problem here. DP8 running on Windows and telling me it can't find my Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 hardware. I'd like to find a solution instead of just moving to ASIO4all. Does any of you know how this could be sorted out? I'm new to the forum and would appreciate a lot your help.

Thanks a lot!
miketownsmotu

Post by miketownsmotu »

Please make sure you have the latest version of Scarlet Mix Control installed, click the link below to install and download:

http://us.focusrite.com/downloads?product=Scarlett+8i6

If still having trouble please contact Focusrite technical support:

http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Best regards,