Need help Seting up Audio Playback

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Billgonzo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Need help Seting up Audio Playback

Post by Billgonzo »

So I have a Yamaha Audiogram 3 USB audio interface. I have the Audiogram as the input for the track and i have my headphone jack on my laptop as the output. I can hear the instruments i have connected to the Audiogram and i can even record the tracks and i can see the wave form of the audi track....but when i press play, i hear nothing. Im new at this and dont entirely know what im doing. I just want to be able to record some audio and play it back :( pleas help!
Asus G73SW
Intel i7 2630QM Quad Core
8gb DDR3
x2 1TB HDD
FantomX8 Workstation
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Need help Seting up Audio Playback

Post by NazRat »

Do you have the Audiogram selected as an ASIO audio device in DP 'Configure Hardware Setup'? If so, have you tried connecting the phones to the phones output on the Audiogram? You appear to be trying to use two audio devices - one for input (Audiogram) and one for output (PC phones). If your Sound Control Panel is configured this way, you can also try selecting Windows Audio in the configure hardware dialog rather than an ASIO device.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Billgonzo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Need help Seting up Audio Playback

Post by Billgonzo »

NazRat wrote:Do you have the Audiogram selected as an ASIO audio device in DP 'Configure Hardware Setup'? If so, have you tried connecting the phones to the phones output on the Audiogram? You appear to be trying to use two audio devices - one for input (Audiogram) and one for output (PC phones). If your Sound Control Panel is configured this way, you can also try selecting Windows Audio in the configure hardware dialog rather than an ASIO device.
So i do have the Audiogram selected in the ASIO settings. I cant get DP8 to recive audio trough the Audiogram, and DP8 does output the sound to the headphone jack in real time....the problem is playback. When i play recorded audio back, i get no sound....
OH im silly, i figured it out. All i needed to do is un-check Input Monitor....ok its all good. Im learning how to use this program in my audio tech class but we havnt gone into recording audio yet :S

Thanks for the response!
Asus G73SW
Intel i7 2630QM Quad Core
8gb DDR3
x2 1TB HDD
FantomX8 Workstation