BFD VST examination not passing.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BFD VST examination not passing.

Post by NazRat »

Anyone having any luck getting any version of BFD (2,3 or Eco) to pass VST Examination in DP either 32 or 64 bit on a PC. With any version, mine just hangs and I have to press the Skip button to get by it. I've let it sit for up to 20 minutes to see if it finally passes, deleted the VST cache, preferences, etc., but no success.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Wolfie2112
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: BFD VST examination not passing.

Post by Wolfie2112 »

I gave the demo one more try on my second machine, and it's just as bad. I have the exact same issue you mention. It still won't even recognize many of my VI's Yes, I've tried all of the "tricks" with no avail.

MOTU should admit DP8 isn't going to cut it on Windows, plain and simple...it is unusable as a professional grade DAW.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

Wolfie2112 wrote:MOTU should admit DP8 isn't going to cut it on Windows, plain and simple...it is unusable as a professional grade DAW.
The report of my death was an exaggeration - Mark Twain
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

I have a lot of other VST plugs including FXPansion Tremor and everything works/validates fine except for BFD of any flavor and 32 bit AVOX Throat. Waves, Plug and Mix, Nomad Factory, Toontrack, Korg Legacy, Komplete 9, Izotope, G-Force, Slate, Overloud, VEP, Melodyne, UVI and misc/sundry all validating. Can't say I've used them all yet, but what I've used has been trouble free. DP is still a little glitchy in Windows, but all in all is a great first effort. I think the next iteration will have it worked out.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1