external instruments MIDI delay

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mikeharper
Primary DAW OS: Windows

external instruments MIDI delay

Post by mikeharper »

Hello: New to DP I am trying the demo version of 8.04.
The Daw is a box I got configured from Rayneirs audio and has been running Cubase (now 7) with no issues at all. Running i7 6 core with 24 gig ram. MIDI interface for external synths is a motu micro lite. Using all latest drivers on motor and RME multiface
The problem is all of my external instruments – k2000, x3 roland xd 5080 are delayed to the point where I can’t use them.
I found that if I shut off “ sync recorded.. MIDI to patch thru” feature both the internal and external instruments will record correctly but all of the external instruments will sound delayed when recording.

If I turned on that preference both internal and external instrument will record the MIDI events late.
Further troubleshooting shows that the delay is occurring on the return from the daw from the micro lite. You can see the light is late. Anyone having similar issues with external devices?
DP10
Asus 490a, Win 10 pro,
Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1200
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 Audio & sample drives
16G ram. MOTU 8A USB3-Thunderbolt
mikeharper

Re: external instruments MIDI delay progress

Post by mikeharper »

Today, I changed my k2000 to the rme multiface and it worked great. :shock: The timing was very tight. Then I changed back to my Motu MIDI man lite and it worked for about ten minutes then the performance began to degrade. :?: Never seen anything like this maybe a memory leak issue?
I contacted tech support they are trying to reproduce. Odd the midiman lite works with cubase not DP!
DP10
Asus 490a, Win 10 pro,
mikeharper

Re: external instruments MIDI delay

Post by mikeharper »

Installed 8.05 still a no go. Looks like this wont work for me now I only have 5 days left in the trial version. :(
DP10
Asus 490a, Win 10 pro,