RME HDSPe and multiple MIDI ports

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
etl17
Primary DAW OS: Windows

RME HDSPe and multiple MIDI ports

Post by etl17 »

I am running DP8 under Windows 7 64bit. I am using an RME HDSPe / Digiface interface. This specific interface provides both Windows MIDI and ActiveMusic MIDI ports. It seems that DP is picking both of these ports with the end result that every note is triggered twice. Is there a method to select which MIDI ports should be used as input for a MIDI track? On any MIDI track I create, the input dropdown is disabled for some reason. BTW, I have already created a device under Bundles->MIDI Devices to represent my MIDI controller keyboard.

Any ideas or help is appreciated...

--Stefanos
DP 9, Win 7 64bit, 24GB RAM, RME HDSPe / Digiface, UAD 2, Powercore x8, HUI, 1 million plugins!
etl17
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: RME HDSPe and multiple MIDI ports

Post by etl17 »

I guess, I figured for now to always utilize multitrack recording to allow me to select the MIDI input for a MIDI track.
DP 9, Win 7 64bit, 24GB RAM, RME HDSPe / Digiface, UAD 2, Powercore x8, HUI, 1 million plugins!