DP / Kontakt problem

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
manwalksintoabar
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP / Kontakt problem

Post by manwalksintoabar »

I could use some help please!

DP 8.0
Kontakt 5

I am using a Focusrite USB 2 Audio Driver. When I run Kontakt 5 alone, everything works fine. My Audio settings are

DRIVER: ASIO
DEVICE: Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver
DEVICE DRIVER CONFIG: ASIO Config
SAMPLE RATE: 44100
LATENCY: 133 Samples

When I use DP with Kontakt as a plugin, the configuration above doesn't work and I get this error message. . .
"DP has encountered an error. The selected audio hardware could not be found. Check that the device is connected to your computer and turned on."
- - -

This is the configuration I try to use with DP.

DRIVER: ASIO
DEVICE: ASIO4ALL
CONFIGURE DRIVER: ASIO Config
SAMPLE RATE: 44100
LATENCY: 133 Samples

This setup did work a couple of weeks ago but I don't klnow what happened or changed.

The 32 bit Kontakt .dll files are in located in Program Files (86) folder. The 64 bit Kontakt .dll files are in the Program Files/VST folder.

Thanks for any help you might offer.

MWIAB
BobK
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP / Kontakt problem

Post by BobK »

Wrong forum - try the troublesooting forum.

See the red box at the top of the page for forum guidelines.
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

FWIW, I was having the same problem with 8.0 and K5, on the Mac side. Problem went away when I went to 8.01 or 8.02, somewhere back there.. Now I'm on 8.04 and every now and then it crashes on quit, says Kontakt is the reason. It only seems to happen on quit though, so hasn't been too big a concern for me.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Oh, and make sure your K5 is the latest version!
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
manwalksintoabar
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by manwalksintoabar »

thanks.

MWIAB
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

For future reference, posts that contain the word "problem" generally belong in the Troubleshooting forum-- for Windows OS as well. :) Moved.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!