Consolidated Windows Confusion

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mythicwave
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Consolidated Windows Confusion

Post by mythicwave »

This question is likely common to the Windows & Mac versions of DP8...

But in any case, my Consolidated Windows preferences don't have the Drum Editor or Song Editor highlited. I almost never use those windows and don't want to see them in the Consolidated Windows tabs. Nevertheless, they always appear. Does this have to do with my project coming from the Mac version or maybe that it predates DP8? I'm quite confused about this. I think Consolidated Windows can be useful, but I have no need to see several of the tabs. How do I turn them off? Should I try it with a new project?

Thanks,

Brian
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Consolidated Windows Confusion

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

My only pete peeve with CW. No, you can't control the tabs that appear. Only ignore them.

Ultimately, I end up using key commands to call up specific windows anyway, so the tabs themselves are actually completely irrelevant for my anyway. I'd like to see them be assignable but I'd also like to see them optionally go away completely and make room for more data or even replaced by a streamlined Control Panel.

And yes, I do dream in color... :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS